OrthopaedicsCanada.com was developed as an online platform to support (1) patient advocacy (2) evidence-based care and (3) the pursuit of excellence and innovation in Orthopaedic Care.
OrthopaedicsCanada.com is privately owned and operated by Registered Physiotherapist Terry Kane who practices in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Terry Kane does not have any affiliation with any national or provincial orthopaedic, governing body or association.
Terry Kane has no business or professional relationship with any orthopaedic surgeon, surgical clinic or orthopaedic organization.
Please be advised that we do not provide administrative services for any surgeon listed in our directories.
If you have a question for a individual surgeon, please contact the surgeon’s office directly – we do not reply nor do we forward emails sent to us for surgeons.
About Terry Kane
Terry Kane is one of Canada’s most experienced orthopaedic physiotherapists with over 30 years of clinical experience with orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians and chronic pain physicians. Terry is also the owner and founder of Canada’s only national online Orthopaedic Network – OrthopaedicsCanada.com & TeleOrthopaedics.com
Since 1985, Terry has worked with some of the top orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians and chronic pain specialists in Canada and the United States. A graduate of the University of Toronto, former Canadian Olympic Hockey Team and Calgary Flames physiotherapist, Terry has over 30 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and designing evidenced based rehab programs for thousands of orthopaedic patients, including over 500 Olympic and professional athletes.
In addition, Terry has worked at the University of Calgary Sports Medicine Centre, the Calgary Chronic Pain Centre, provided primary care physiotherapy services for Calgary West Central Primary Care Network as well as provided home care physiotherapy services in Calgary for over a decade.
To learn more about Terry Kane click here
Terry Kane’s Professional Experiences
- Served as Head Physical Therapist for the Calgary Flames and Canada’s Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Team,
- Lectured internationally on exercise based rehabilitation for over twenty years (i.e. American College of Sports Medicine, etc)
- Lectured on physical therapy for the University of Calgary Department of Orthopaedics as well as Department of Continuing Medical Education.
- Served as Injury Analysis Consultant to the National Hockey League’s Injury Analysis Panel.
- Served as a contributing developer & instructor of a MainPro-C Course on “Chronic Pain for Family Physicians” for the University of Calgary Department of Continuing Medical Education.
- Served as a contributing author “Foundations of Personal Training”: Human Kinetics, 2008 (ISBN-13:9781450441322)
- Served as editorial peer reviewer for the Physician and Sportsmedicine, the Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine and Pain Research and Management Journal.
- Former volunteer member of Alberta’s Bone and Joint Strategic Clinical Network Core Committee.